Congratulations on reaching your 65th birthday! It’s quite a milestone to reach this number after working toward a free time in your life to enjoy and relax. To celebrate this occasion, Medicare Part B has a free gift for you.
Imagine! Read the details below about this great opportunity. And don’t forget to click on the links, which give specific information about advance directives and more.
How often is it covered?
Preventive visit & yearly wellness exams
Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) covers:
- A “Welcome to Medicare” preventive visit: You can get this introductory visit only within the first 12 months you have Part B. This visit includes a review of your medical and social history related to your health and education and counseling about preventive services, including these:
- Certain screenings, shots, and referrals for other care, if needed
- Height, weight, and blood pressure measurements
- A calculation of your body mass index
- A simple vision test
- A review of your potential risk for depression and your level of safety
- An offer to talk with you about creating advance directives.
- A written plan letting you know which screenings, shots, and other preventive services you need. Get details about coverage for screenings, shots, and other preventive services.
This visit is covered one time. You don’t need to have this visit to be covered for yearly “Wellness” visits.
I would like to take advantage of the free services. I’ve made 66 years old on August 12, 2016, but, never had the opportunity to utilize these offerings. Is it too late. Also I do have my plan A & B.